Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 10: 10 Things To Be Thankful For- The Strength of A Woman

Being a woman is empowering, being a mother is superhuman! JMP and I met in our early 20’s, and since then we have seen each other through life’s challenges. We both have been through things that we couldn’t have dreamed of, and you know what??? We survived! We survived to be better women, stronger, more compassionate, and a host of other adjectives too numerous to mention.

JMP is an amazing friend and listener with wisdom beyond her years. I am very impressed at how she handles adversity looking it dead in the face with positivity, and an “anything’s possible” mentality! I told her one time how much weight I wanted to lose thinking I might as well just cut off some limbs or something, and she responds, “Oh that’s totally doable, if you do yadda yadda yadda it’s totally reasonable that you reach that goal!” I thought to myself, “are you serious? This seems impossible!” She reflects such strength and inner power.



And I’m impressed every time I think of what woman take, put up with, and overcome, giving birth amidst a natural disaster, a woman in Africa gives birth in a tree! Mothers running marathons, I mean these are AMAZING women! Please let every experience shape you, and grow from what may seem to be mistakes. Women are so powerful it is truly a beautiful thing!

For all of our woman readers out there, we want you to think of a moment in your past that made you powerful. You survived that moment, you have lived to see another day, and guess what you can do anything and everything you put your mind to. So, pat yourself on the back. You are GREAT!!!

Never forget your personal power to choose where your life goes today!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...