Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 6: 10 Things to Be Thankful for- The Sun

Being fortunate enough to reside in Southern California we get a lot of bonding time with this great luminary. If it’s cloudy for more than 2 days we’re like, “hey what’s up? We don’t live in one of those other places where the sun is an infrequent visitor! We’re Californians, and we are not used to arctic temperatures that plummet below 70!”


But there could be nothing more relaxing than lying on the beach and basking in the sun and all its glory (of course with plenty of SPF)! When I’m at the hospital all day I can’t wait to get out from those walls, and feel the warmth of the sun as it wraps its arms around me and fills me with Vitamin D! Ok slightly dramatic I know.


And it’s amazing how much it affects one’s mood. While living in the Midwest I felt really depressed and unmotivated not being able to see the sun on a regular basis. It is actually something that I think about often how I am so thankful to be back where my roots are deep in the warm southern sunshine, with flip flops. And I know that JMP enjoys her time in the sunshine taking little L for runs. Something about the sun just gives you energy and life; I mean even flowers are drawn to it! 
So go out and take a bike ride!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...