Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 3: 10 Things to Be Thankful for- The Heart

As some of you may know I have gone to school to be a Cardiac Sonographer.  And I must say that learning about the heart is nothing short of AMAZING!!!  Like learning that our heart has actual heart strings, or that when they do a heart transplant they leave part of the defective heart behind, or that when coronary arteries get occluded they make “detours” in the form of collaterals, I could go on and on!  There are so many astonishing things that happen within this muscle every nanosecond of our existence and we are completely oblivious to it!  Heart disease is one of the leading causes of death and most of it is preventable with exercise and diet.  So today (really everyday) I am thankful for this magnificent organ that beats inside of me over  100,000 times per day, and I will show my gratitude by running and giving it more oxygen. 

Well said Brit... I couldn't have said it better. It is an organ we should cherish and treat well. I will kiss my Lil L today and take him for a walk to celebrate that magnificent part of our body.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...