Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 4: 10 Things to Be Thankful for- A Good Book

Reading books seems to be something that is somewhat dated with the internet, and electronic books. So I guess you could say that I’m old fashioned because I think there’s nothing like holding a book in your hands and leafing through its pages as you smell its age (that is if it’s an older book). Reading books is so great for the imagination in a way that we can’t get from other sources of media. I really enjoy escaping within the pages of a good book. Currently I am reading, “Run Like a Mother”, a hilarious look at being a mother and training for marathons, "Please Understand me II" about temperment character, and “Where The Wild Things Are”, a classic for Z. My next book I want to read is, “The Molecules of Emotion” a pensive look at how our emotions affect us physically.

There are many more benefits to reading too.  Did you know that reading is labeled as the most relaxing thing we can do? And if we are going to read why not read something that can truly relax your mind.. The Bible. I've been trying to read a chapter each day from the Bible and I love what it has done to my spirits. Each day seems a little lighter even if I have reason to stress. SO I am thankful that we have this book to guide us. Have you picked yours up today?

2 comments:

smdlr said...

I like how this post is a call for secular and spiritual reading. It doesn't take much time out of the day to do a bit of either of these Thanks for the reminder. The Champ and "lover of books".

Unknown said...

Reading is a great thing all around!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...